The digital world has revolutionized the way B2B event marketing operates.
Nowadays, social media, email marketing, and other online channels allow B2B marketers to reach a wide, global audience and engage with them in real time. The opportunity from this to drive more and better engagement and lead generation is tremendous. However, with the rise of "Dark Social," marketers face new challenges in measuring and improving engagement.
But first, what is Dark Social?
Dark social refers to social sharing outside public platforms, such as email, instant messaging, and private social networks.This type of sharing is not easily trackable, making it difficult for marketers to measure the impact of their campaigns.
The Impact of Dark Social on B2B Event Marketing
Dark social has a significant impact on B2B event marketing. Most event invitations, promotions, and follow-up communications are sent through email, one of the primary channels for dark social sharing. This makes it difficult for marketers to measure their campaigns' effectiveness and make data-driven decisions.
Measuring Engagement in the Era of Dark Social
Measuring engagement in the era of dark social is challenging but possible. Marketers can use tools such as Google Analytics, social media monitoring software, and email marketing platforms to gain insights into the impact of their campaigns. Additionally, they can use landing pages, forms, and other interactive elements to track engagement and better understand their audience.
Improving Engagement in the Era of Dark Social:
To improve engagement in the era of dark social, it’s critical that B2B event marketers need to take a data-driven approach. They must use data and insights to create more targeted and personalized campaigns. Additionally, they need to use a multi-channel approach that leverages different platforms and channels to reach their target audience. This could include email, social media, and even direct mail.
Tips for Optimizing B2B Event Marketing in the Era of Dark Social
- Use data to drive your campaigns: Use data and insights to create more targeted and personalized campaigns. This will help you better engage with your target audience and increase your campaigns' impact.
- Leverage a multi-channel approach: Use a multi-channel approach that leverages different platforms and channels to reach your target audience. This will help you reach a wider audience and increase your campaigns' impact.
- Optimize your content for search engines: Use keywords and meta tags to optimize your content for search engines. This will help you increase visibility and attract more visitors to your landing pages.
- Use social media to drive engagement: Use social media to drive engagement and build relationships with your target audience. Share your content and engage with your followers to build brand awareness and increase engagement.
- Track your results: Use tools such as Google Analytics and social media monitoring software to track your results. This will help you measure your campaigns' impact and make data-driven decisions.
The era of dark social presents new challenges for B2B event marketers. However, with the right strategies, tools, and approaches, marketers can overcome these challenges, improve engagement, and stay ahead of the curve in the era of dark social.