As a B2B marketer, planning a virtual conference can be a great way to reach potential customers and generate leads. But, with so many virtual events happening these days, it's essential to make sure that your event stands out and is successful.
In this article, we’ll discuss five crucial questions that every B2B marketer should ask themselves when planning a virtual conference. These questions will help ensure that your event is tailored to your target audience, achieves your goals, and is engaging and interactive.
Whether you're a seasoned event marketer or new to the virtual event scene, this guide will provide valuable insights and tips for planning your next virtual conference. So, let's dive in!
- Who is my target audience?
Understanding your attendees is critical to creating an effective virtual event. Defining your ideal attendee, their pain points and their goals will help you to create a conference that will be relevant and of value to them.
- What are my goals for the virtual conference?
Whether it's lead generation, brand awareness or customer engagement, it's important to have measurable objectives. Having a clear idea of what you want to achieve with your conference will help you structure and plan the event to achieve those goals.
- How will I measure success?
Establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics will help you gauge your conference's success, help you track progress and make any necessary adjustments.
- How will I create engagement and interaction?
Virtual events can be less engaging than in-person events, so it's crucial to think about ways to facilitate interaction and engagement, such as live polls, Q&A sessions, and networking opportunities.
- How will I follow up with attendees?
The virtual event is just the start of the conversation; it's vital to have a plan for follow-up with attendees to keep them engaged, offer additional resources, or schedule a meeting. Sorting out your after-event followup plan is essential here.
So there you go - understanding the goals, target audience, platform, marketing and promotion, and post-event follow-up will help to ensure that the event is successful and helps you achieve the desired results.
Now, one of the most significant decisions while planning a conference is choosing the right virtual platform. Continue reading to see how you can make the right choice for your business needs.
How to choose the right virtual conference platform as a b2b marketer
Whether you like it or not, your virtual conference is more or less bound by the capabilities of your virtual platform, so choosing one that allows you to leverage the power of the medium is crucial to the success of your event.
Here are a few key factors to consider when selecting a virtual event platform:
- Audience size and scalability: Consider the number of attendees you expect and ensure that the platform can accommodate your audience size. Look for a platform that can scale quickly as your audience grows.
- Features: Look for a platform that offers the needed features, such as live streaming, interactive tools, and analytics. Consider if the platform also provides features such as virtual booths, hand raising and networking.
- Integration: Make sure the platform can integrate with other tools you use, such as your CRM, marketing automation platform, and video conferencing software.
- Ease of use: Choose an easy platform for you and your attendees. Look for a platform that is intuitive and user-friendly; nobody enjoys a platform that feels like a maze.
- Customer support: Choose a platform that offers excellent customer support, so you can get help when you need it.
- Security: Consider the platform's security features, especially if you share sensitive information. Look for a platform that uses encryption and has strict privacy policies.
- Cost: Consider the cost of the platform, but don't make cost the only deciding factor. A more expensive platform may offer more features and better support.
- Test the platform: Before committing, schedule a demo and test the platform to ensure that it meets your needs and that you are comfortable using it.
These factors, combined with your own research, can help you choose the right virtual event platform to help you reach your target audience and achieve your goals.
Pro tip: It's essential to test the platform and ensure it fits your needs before committing to it.
Phew! Okay, now we’re sorted… well almost.
Setting up your event is one thing, but getting the word out about it is a whole different task. But with the right hacks, you can get the right audience for your conference.
Eight easy ways to effectively promote your B2B virtual conference
In a saturated virtual events space, ensuring your event stands out and reaches the right audience is more critical than ever. While this sounds daunting, it isn’t impossible.
Let us look at various marketing methods and promote a virtual event to increase attendance and engagement. From utilizing social media to creating content and networking, there are several ways to market and promote a virtual event to reach a wider audience and increase attendance:
- Social media: Utilize various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to create buzz and reach a wider audience. You can create event pages, post updates, and share videos to glimpse what attendees can expect.
- Email marketing: Send email invitations and reminders to your audience and potential attendees. Include all the essential details, such as the event date, time, and registration link.
- Influencer marketing: Collaborate with influencers or thought leaders in your industry to promote your event. They can help increase the visibility and credibility of your event.
- Paid advertising: Utilize paid advertising such as Google AdWords, Facebook ads, and LinkedIn ads to target specific audiences and increase attendance.
- SEO: Optimize your event website for search engines by including relevant keywords in the content, meta tags, and URLs.
- Content marketing: Create blog posts, infographics, and videos to promote your event and provide value to your audience.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other organizations or companies in your industry to cross-promote your event and reach new audiences.
- Networking: Attend other virtual events and networking opportunities to promote your event and connect with potential attendees.
It's important to remember that only some methods will work for some events and audiences, so it's essential to experiment and find the best strategies that work for you. A combination of different techniques can also be effective in reaching a wider audience and increasing attendance.
In conclusion, planning a virtual conference as a B2B marketer requires careful consideration and planning. Asking yourself the right questions and clearly understanding your target audience, goals, and the desired outcome can help ensure a successful and engaging virtual event. By considering factors such as audience size, features, integration, ease of use, customer support, security, and cost, you can choose the right virtual event platform for your needs.
Remember that every event is unique, so it's important to tailor these questions to your specific needs and goals. By keeping these questions in mind, you can create a virtual event that meets the needs of your target audience, achieves your goals, and is engaging and interactive.
Zuddl is a unified platform for events and webinars that helps event marketers plan and execute events that drive growth. The platform has clients across the globe, such as the United Nations, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, HSBC, VMware, Google, StackCommerce and Cipla amongst others. In January 2022, Zuddl announced that it closed $13.35 mn in Series A funding.